Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 1 Blog Challenge... for my Mom

A Favorite Song
Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins
When my Mom and I used to drive home from my grandparent's house late at night, every single time we would hit the top of their street this song would come on. It would be just my Mom and I with Phil Collins singing me to sleep in her 1988 silver Buick Skyhawk. Especially in the summer time, it was so peaceful and everything was perfect at that moment in time. I was still too small to be in the passenger seat and as soon as we hit the top of that street, Franklin Ave in Hartford to be exact, the song would come on and she would look in the rear view mirror and I would be already singing with the first few notes. I was her brown-eyed curly blonde haired little baby singing to Phil Collins at the age of 4. Well now I'm her brown-eyed curly blonde haired little baby singing to Phil Collins at the age of 21. I love you Mama :)

Photobucket

No comments: